Friday, January 8, 2010

"Life is interesting"

The following is a blog I posted on my myspace account on October 13, 2008. I was just reviewing my blogs and thought I'd share it with my readers on this blog. I hope this inspires someone else the way it inspired me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, life is an interesting thing. I have been married for almost seven years now and I'm just now getting a grasp of what it means to be a wife. I mean truly be a wife--a partner to my Matthew. It is strange how, even with all that he and I have been through, I'm JUST NOW starting to understand REAL commitment, not just the dictionary definition. I mean, I've always been committed to him, but my eyes are just now opening to the Biblical definition of a wife and the kind of commitment and love a wife must have for her husband. I've read about it over and over, and I've studied it, but I never truly understood it. It wasn't until recelty that I really allowed God to speak into my heart about what a husband and wife should be to each other. And let me tell ya, now that my eyes are opening more and more I'm really liking what I see. No...I'm LOVING it.

Life is interesting. It can be difficult at times, and strangely fun and exciting at other times, but no matter what, it is exactly how it should be. I have been in some dark places in my life, but on the reverse, and as a direct result of those dark times, I am in a wonderfully bright place right now. That's why I say life is interesting. I know I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for those dark times. I thank God I went through those struggles when I did, because now I can be the mom and the wife I need to be because of them. Thank You Lord!

I hope, as you read this, you are reminded that God is always with you, no matter what you're going through. It is God who ALLOWS us to struggle at times so that his love and his glory is illuminated in the end. It sounds twisted, but it is so magnificent. Oh, I pray for insight and open eyes for each of you.

In Christ's loving Arms,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment