Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Homemade Princess Dress for Abby


Last night I got in the mood to do something with some fabric squares that I got at Hobby Lobby earlier this week for Abby, so I got the fabric together and whipped up a simple pattern for a play dress (or as Abby would call it, a princess dress).  Abby actually picked out the fabric.  It's got different princess patterns on the different fabrics.  Some with crowns, some with glass slippers, and some with princesses, carriages, and castles, as well as a couple solid fabrics.  I finished the dress this morning and Abby tried it on.  It looks wonderful and fits great on her.  She really is such a little princess.  It was awesome after I put the dress on her and let her sport it around a bit, she ran over to me giggling, then hugged me, saying "Abby happy".  Soooo darn cute. 

Fabric: $9.99  Thread: $3.99  Buttons: $0.90..............Abby saying she's happy.....PRICELESS.

2 comments:

  1. That looks cute on Abby! Trina says she likes it. Tell Abby I will come over and see her in her princess dress tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete