Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Waiting Game Begins Again...

So it's now Tuesday, August 10, 2010, and I am 39 weeks into this pregnancy.  I've been having some intense contractions, but they are nowhere near actual labor contractions.  I've been taking evening primrose oil for the last two weeks, and I'm hoping when we go to my midwife appointment tomorrow morning they will tell me that I'm effacing and dilating.  We'll see.

Madison has been moving around, not huge jabs and such like she used to, but more shifty little scoots.  Her bottom and back are still to the right side of my belly and we occasionally feel a foot in that area as well.  Many times when her booty pooches up on my right side I feel a hand or something in my lower left belly, near my left hip.  She can be so much fun.  Matt enjoys playing with her in my belly, but he says he's ready to play with her outside my belly now.  She still gets hiccups all the time, some so strong they jar my whole belly.  She also has this strange thing she does where it looks like she's breathing IN my belly.  I can hold my breathe, but see my belly move up and down like breathing.  It's so bizarre.

Abby is so ready to be a big sister.  She came upon me watching some water birth videos online and since then she loves watching babies be born in the water.  She sometimes asks about Madison being born in the water.  I tell her mommy's going to have Madison in the water at the hospital.  About once a day for about the last week Abby's been asking if we're going to go to the hospital for baby Madison.  I keep telling her that we want to, but it all depends on baby Madison.  I tell her to tell Madison to come out of my belly and she's even gotten up to yelling at my belly, "Madison, you come out of mommy's belly....RIGHT NOW!"  It's adorable, but...no matter who says it, this sweet baby of mine just won't listen.

While visiting with our neighbor friends Chris and Carmen last night, we were making some predictions.  If ya'll would like to "weigh" in on this, just let us know and I'll add you to the list.  Considering that Madison was estimated at 5 lbs 7 oz at my 36 week ultrasound, here's what we all came up with:  (I am updating this list of guesses as people post their guess).

Chris M.: 6 lbs 9 oz
Carmen D.: 6 lbs 3 oz
Tamera B.: 7 lbs 2 oz
Deb M.: 6 lbs 9 oz
Pat C.: 7 lbs 10 oz
Nancy O.: 7 lbs 8 oz
Mindy T.: 8 lbs 3 oz
Linda G.: 7 lbs 9 oz
Beth B.: 6 lbs 15 oz 
Matt: 6 lbs 13 oz
Me: I think somewhere between 6 1/2 - 7 lbs, but if I had to make a more accurate guess, it'd be...I guess...maybe 6 lbs 14 oz

These numbers may need adjusted if Madison takes her sweet time coming out.  Only God knows when she'll make her appearance.  Hopefully sooner rather than later!  We're kinda hoping it doesn't happen this Friday the 13th, but...if it does, so be it.  My brother is a 13th baby (not born ON a Friday, but it falls on it every so many years).  All I want is to have my healthy baby girl...via a smooth labor and healthy delivery.  That's all I ask.

1 comment: